As a Front-end Developer at Interface 48, you will apply modern web technologies to implement web-based, front-end UIs that achieve the above. Ideally you will have general experience with the full software stack, from HTTP APIs down to underyling relational databases and/or key-value stores, to faciliate integration discussions with back-end developers. Also, you will have general knowledge of key software concepts such as: authentication, authorization, caching, and client-side state management.
You will exercise sound judgement when designing front-end features to ensure a high-calibre UX, and have a keen eye for the details that matter most. You take pride in writing code that is clean, clear and concise — the type of code you'd want to come back to in a year's time when functionality is extended. You are capable of solving problems on your own, but also enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions to unique problems.
- At least two years of professional experience with front-end web application design & development,
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Organized self-starter that can go it alone, and works well in a team,
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities,
- Versatile, flexible and responsive to changing priorities,
- Innate curiosity for new software technologies and how they can be applied to your work.
- Business Analysis, specifically in terms of Requirements Gathering,
- Document requirements in the form of User Stories,
- Describe proposed UI designs as low-fidelity mock-ups,
- Possess a knack for consistent and intuitive UX design.
- Develop web applications using React,
- TypeScript to ensure codebase type safety,
- Apply Flux architecture, and specifically Redux for client-side state management,
- CSS3 and JSS for styling components,
- Competent with build tooling that involves NPM/Yarn and Node.js.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar.
- Interview individuals to assess their needs, and help lead workshops to gather requirements,
- Write Options Evaluation and other Technical Reports,
- Develop User Acceptance Tests that help ensure application requirements are met.
- Plan development tasks using Azure DevOps,
- Experience with VS Code and Visual Studio,
- Familiar with Jenkins CI/CD Pipelines,
- Knowledge of Material Design and associated design patterns,
Experience with back-end development:
- C# within .NET Core,
- EF Core for data retrieval/persistence,
- Read and write SQL queries/commands.
Sound like a good fit?
If you found yourself nodding your head while reading through the above, please send through a Resume with Cover Letter to email@example.com with "Re: Front-end Developer Opening" in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!